The Evolution of Detection Devices: Smart Accident Device
We live in a society where accidents happen daily and regularly due to which human lives will be lost cause they didn’t get the medical assistance at right time. In India more than one and a half lack persons die due to road accidents per year. In this paper we have made an attempt to develop Smart Accident Detection Device (SADD) which provides medical assistance in time and save the valuable human life. This device can be fitted into Vehicles like Bus, Car etc. Whenever any type of accident is detected through this will inform to the nearest Hospital as well as police station, then after identifying patient it will also inform to the Patient’s relatives, through which we can save.
Car accidents happen daily and regularly these days due to which human lives will be lost. The major reason behind these accidents is carelessness and fault of the driver. The another reason behind this type of accident is our developing technology for example Mobile phones etc. While using a mobile phone many people get distracted, means they doesn’t give their 100 percent concentration on driving and miss traffic signals, because they are not really concentrating on driving. The process of dialing or answering the phone can make them lose control of the vehicle as well. According to the research, about 3000 + people died per year in road accidents every year while millions are injured or disabled each year. To solve this type of accident problem we have proposed a system by developing a Smart Accident Detection Device (SADD) which will be helpful for detecting an accidents and taking appropriate action on it by sending SMS to the nearest Hospital and Police Station by using the K-nn (K-Nearest Neighbors) Algorithm. This Smart Accident Detection Device will detect automatically that whether the accident is happened or not and it’s also detect its seriousness. Seriousness of accident means that whether there is actually need of Medical assistance or not, cause it may happen that a minor accident is happened which can be avoidable.
Several researchers have been introduced in the same field of research as the SADD system. Some of them are as follows. The authors in implemented auto-detection unit system that immediately notifies an Emergency Contact with the help of GSM and also send location using GPS. GPS will trace the accident place and GSM will send that location to the nearest hospital. It can use GSM modem to send the accident location to the Alert Service Center. An Automated System for Accident Detection, In 2] presented a methodology that accelerometer; gyroscope and force sensor measures the behavior of the car and inputs the data to the embedded processor where the signals are processed. The processor then, using the Bluetooth module, sends the calibrated data to the Smartphone. The fuzzy logic decision support – programmed in the mobile application – receives the processed data and makes a decision of detection or no detection. At detection, the Smartphone application, through the data network, sends a text message to a third party (emergency contact/public safety). The text message includes the GPS location, the time and the date of accident. In the 3] the authors have made an attempt to develop a car accident detection and communication which will inform the hospital system.
The current system which is available for detecting the accident is by using Smart Phones, which will detect that whether the accident is happen or not by using sensor which can take action as per their values varies randomly. Smartphone based accident detection application have both advantages and disadvantages. Creating a Smartphone based accident detection system is difficult or complicated, because phones can be dropped and the phones are not directly connected to the vehicle. The drawback of this type of system is that it sends the message to the alert Service Center or Registered mobile number. Then alert Service Center contact with nearest hospital by using accident location information. It makes delay.
Limitation of Current System
- 1. When accident is detected the alert message sent to the Service Center than they contact with nearest hospital, it makes delay.
- 2. Relatives of that particular patient didn’t get any information about that particular accident.
- 3. Seriousness of accident cannot be determined using current method.
- 4. Ambulance is not being able to reach the patient on time due to heavy traffic.
In this proposed system we are going to implement a Smart Accident Detection Device. It will detect an accident automatically and also its seriousness. Seriousness of accident means that whether there is actually need of Medical assistance or not, because it may happen that a minor accident is happened which can be avoidable. Whenever accident is happen this Smart Accident Detection Device will provides medical assistance in time and save the valuable human life. In this Proposed system following concept are going to use.
- 1. GPS and GSM.
- 2. Vibration Sensor.
- 3. Impact Sensor.
- 4. Finger Scanner.
Proposed system works in a three module which are as follows:
1. When the accident is happen the vibration sensor will detect it and send the SMS and location to the nearest hospital and police station using the GSM and GPS. One impact sensor is also fitted in the Vehicle which will detect the seriousness of accident.
2. With the help of GPS location ambulance will reach at the accident location to get the patient, the finger of the patient is scanned by using Finger Scanner to identify the patient.
3. This will provide the basic information of patient like Relatives contact number, blood group and health related which will be helpful for treatment. It will also send SMS to the Patient relatives once the patient is identified by using Finger scanner which will be fitted in ambulance, the message contains the accident location and Hospital name in which the patient is going to be admitted.
4. In the proposed system we are going to create one application on which all the Hospitals and Police station have been registered. And also User has to register them on this website with basic information which will be useful at the time of treatment of patient.
This paper presented a SADD system-an automated system which will detect an accident and sent SMS to the nearest Hospital and Police station. This system provides medical assistance in time and save the valuable human life. This device can be fitted into Vehicles like Bus, Car. GPS will provide the exact location of accident so the ambulance can reach to the patient as soon as possible. In this system, we can also get some basic information by scanning the finger of the patient on Finger scanner which will give the basic information which is helpful for the patient treatment. Thus the proposed system will provide the better solution in case if an accident is detected.
Cite this Essay
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below