Review of Human Resource Management in My Father's Company
I’m going to explain my own overview about my Father’s Company which is called Intercontinental Import & export so first of all the company which is located in Algeria it’s a factory source Wholesaler which consist import of furniture home decoration, also porcelain product and even more specialized in the field of marble,and the factory has 13 depots around Algiers and is well known factory it was established by my Father in 1988.
Our Factory aim always the need of the wholesaler, we aim for the quality of the product, moreover the choice and looking for the interesting deals that are suit to the wholesaler moreover is to support our wholesaler by providing superior products and services of exceptional value which help them to gain competitive advantage in the markets. Our firm do the import & export of merchandise from different countries from Europe also in Asia products.
The explication due to purpose and the functions about HRM At Intercontinental Import & export: The responsibilities of a human resource manager fall into three major areas: staffing, employee compensation also benefits, and defining, designing work. Essentially, with purpose of HRM is to maximize productivity of the company by optimizing effectiveness of the employees. Human Resource Management in intercontinental import & export can be defined in the role of strategical, integrated and consistent method, to the development and well-being of the workers in our company.
The functions of HR
- Strategical Management
- Human resources developing and Employment (recruitment and selection)
- employees improvement (practice & evolution)
- Total Rewards (indemnity & profits)
- Policy Formulation
- Assistant and Works Relations
- Risk Management
Explanation of purpose,scope and responsibilities of Hr Functions
Intercontinental Import & export
- Total of employees: 423
- Helping the organisation to attain its objectives effectively also efficiently on providing competent and stimulated employees.
- Using available human resources effectively
- To rise to the fullest the workers job satisfaction and self-realization
- develop and maintain the quality of working life which makes an occupation in the company a desirable particular and general position.
- To help sustain ethical policies behavior inside and outside the company.
- Establish and maintain cordial relations in the middle of employees and management.
- To settle discrete group aims with organisation objectives.
HR planning for the organisation in general:
- The method that does not link the human resource needs of an organisation to its strategic planto ensure that staffing is adequate, qualified, and competent enough to achieve the organization’sobjectives.
- The process that links the human resource needs of an organization to its strategic plan toensure that staffing is adequate, qualified, and competent enough to achieve the organization’sobjectives.
- The method that links the human resource needs of an organization to its strategic plan toensure that staffing is adequate, qualified, and competent enough to achieve the organization’s objectives.
Planning HR strategies for the future in alignment with the organization’s objectives.
The Strengths and weaknesses of different approaches for recruitment and selection
So, first of all the recruitment part has an advantages and disadvantages approach which are; selecting and hiring employees, strategic HR planning and training and development. Recruiters should present the job offer in a way that only qualified job seekers would apply. The selection process starts when the recruiting process comes to an end and the recruiters receive job applications
- When an organization recruits externally, it opens the organization up to a larger pool of applicants, which increases its chance of finding the right person for the job.
- External recruitment provides an opportunity for a fresh outlook on the industry that a company may need to stay competitive.
- Bringing in fresh talent from the outside can help motivate the current employees to produce and achieve more in hopes of obtaining the next promotional opportunity.
- Looking outside the organization also allows a company to target the key players that may make its competition successful. Hiring a candidate with a proven track record for the competition allows the company to get an insider’s view as to what the competition is doing to be successful. This gives the organisation a chance to stay a step ahead of the competition.
- Hiring an external candidate also opens up many opportunities to find experienced and highly qualified and skilled candidates who will help a company meet its diversity requirements.
And for the disadvantages of recruitment:
- The firm may not select someone who will fit well with the job and the organisation.
- The recruiting procedure could take more time and resources.
- New employees may require longer adaptation time and orientation efforts.
- The process can lead to morale problems for internal applicant not selected.
- Recruiters often must evaluate more applications.
The six strategic recruiting decisions
The Approaches for advantage and disadvantage Selection
When selecting and hiring employees many activities are carried out by human resource management. The HR department sends out advertising in the newspaper or online job sites or in our firm. The most common option is sending an email with specific requirements to fill the job vacancy of different departments. After that, HR management in Intercontinental import & export reviews the resumes and take or select only the most certified persons for the job who deserve it. An interview is useful to correspond which applicants fits the company culture.
Interviewer could obtain supplementary information interview form that is not linking feature needed cannot match to get the job enable the applicant to ask questions that may reveal additional information useful for making a selection decision personal assessment is made the interview could be revised as require for obtaining important information settlement reach to be made into the first few minutes of the interview with the extra of the interview used to prove or justify the right decision useful for establish if the applicant has required communication or social skills which can be useful for the job not enough evidence of validity of the selection process enable the supervisor and co-workers to establish if there is an equivalence between the candidate and the employees. incompetent to put first short- and long-term objectives adequately I have to focus more on P2 by putting social media, Head hunting.
The Benefits of different Hrm practices within an organization: Intercontinental import & export for the employer and employee
Benefits for employees are that they get the right job based on skills and job performance, rather than risk possible exclusion based on the individual’s diversity. Staff training and development; (training and development helps increase performance).
Benefits for the employers are that they make the right choices when recruiting new employees. An efficient job recruiting proces helps companies and business to develop its internal and external perception of the organisation.
The benefit that can lead Employer for being more motivated at Intercontinental import & export: There are different types of HRM practise which are performing at intercontinental import & export for the management of the employees. Benefits of those practices for both the employees and employers are given here.
Training and Development
On the Job Training
This is the best approach for the employees because the employees can work for the organisation and also can get the benefits of the training. At the same time, the organisation will also get benefits from the issues because the organisation will be able to get the services of the employees while training them for the learning of the business.
Off the Job Training
In this training approach, the employees of intercontinental import & export will be able to take the leave from the organisation and will be able to concentrate on the training fully. On the other hand, the intercontinental import & export will be able to ensure that the employees are becoming more effective through off the job training activities.
The performance management practice will help both the employees and employers to get some benefits.
The performance review will help the employees to get idea about the performance of the employees and they will be able to take corrective measures. In addition, the organisation that means the intercontinental import will get idea about the performance of the employees and will be able to take corrective measures if necessary.
Through using the peer appraisal, the organisation will be able to focus on the condition of the performance of the organisation and will be able to understand the requirements for the development of the performance. In addition, the employers or the organisations will be able to get idea about effectiveness of the employees.
The employees and the employees both parties will be able to get idea about the performance through mathematical calculation which will help the organisation and employees to get idea about the performance of the employees (Sargeant, 2015).
These practices will lead to employee satisfaction which is the main benefit of HRM that will have direct impact on productivity where the more satisfaction the more productivity for the company.
Evaluate the effectiveness of different HRM practices in terms of raising intercontinental import & export profit and productivity.
Evaluation of the practices is necessary because it will help the organisation to understand that whether the HRM practices are effective enough for intercontinental import & export or not for the rise of profits and productivity. The evaluation of different types of HRM practices are given below:
Recruitment and Selection
Through recruitment and selection, Intercontinental import & export will be able increase the productivity of the organisation because it will be able to get better quality employees for the organisation. And, when the employees will work hard for the organisation, then it will be able select the right people for the organisation and will increase profit.
Training and Development:
The training and development are done for the development of the capabilities of the employees and this training and development helps the organisation to ensure that the employees are capable of doing any types of activities of the organisation (King and Lawley, 2014). The productivity of intercontinental import & export will increase when the employees will be able to achieve the objectives of training and development. In addition, intercontinental import will be benefited when the organisation will be able to increase the performance of profits due to the developed activities.
Financial versus Non-financial rewards: Both financial and non-financial rewards will be helpful for the organisation and the employees. Employees will feel motivated for the organisation and the intercontinental import & export will get better performance from the motivated employees.
Performance based versus membership based rewards: Through these types of reward system, employees get benefits because they feel motivated about the activities of the business. On the other hand, intercontinental import & export will be able to build strong employees to get the benefits of these rewards.
Analyse the importance of employee relations at intercontinental import & export with respect to influencing HRM decision-making
It is necessary to maintain to good relationship at the workplace between the employees. It is necessary to provide some freedom, equality and respect to the employees as this will allow in motivating the workers and also will allow in building good relationship. The human resource management of intercontinental import export need to build a good relationship with the workers in achieving the goal of the organisation. The importance of good relationship at workplace are highlighted below.
- An employee used to spend most of the time of a day with his colleagues. So, there are little chances to fight with the workers. Conflicts and corporate politics are considered as the issue that used to create different misunderstandings between the workers of intercontinental import export (Fa, Ton and Teo, 2014). If the organization would not be able to fix the issue though discussion, then the organization would not be able to achieve the goal.
- The good relationship between the workers will allow the workers of intercontinental import export in exchanging the skills of each other. There would be different workers at the workplace of intercontinental import & export and as for the good relationship the workers will contribute in fixing lack of the workers. This will help in developing skilled workers.
- The good relationship between workers will help the organisation intercontinental in fixing the underperformance issue. And as for this the organisation would be able to increase the productivity.
- The good relationship between the workers will allow the organisation intercontinental import & export in getting a friendly atmosphere at the workplace. The friendly workplace will make feel the workers that all workers are equal at the workplace. This will motivate the workers in accelerating the performance.
Identify the key elements of employment legislation and the impact it has upon HRM decision-making
The key elements of employment legislation and the impact of it on the HRM decision making of Intercontinental import export are highlighted below:
The term equality act used to express that every employee would be able to get the equality at the workplace. Intercontinental used to consider the term in the employment process that every person would be able to get the equal chance. The duty of the term is to ensure that race, gender and any other reason would not be able to the reason of discrimination.
The term data protection act used to introduce that the details of the applicants would not be disclosed. The term used to allow in keeping safe the details of the applicants. Intercontinental import export used to consider the term to keep safe the details and also to maintain standards in the process of employment.
Health and Safety at Work Act
The health and safety act used to express that the organisation must need to fix different health and safety issues that the workers would be able to work safely at the workplace. Intercontinental import & export used to consider the term as this used to help in motivating the workers and as for this the organisation would be able to achieve the goal of the company.
Employment Contracts in Employment Law
Intercontinental import export need to do a contract with the employees during the time of hiring the employees (Fa, Ton and Teo, 2014). In doing the contract it is necessary to consider employment contract in employment law. This will allow both the parties in having a clear contact.
Ethical and social responsibilities
The term ethics used to express that intercontinental should need to maintain the workplace in a proper way that the organization would be able to avoid the unethical issues.
The unethical issue used to discourage the workers and as for this the organisation would not be able to achieve the goal. Responsibilities used to express that the company need to consider necessary attempts in maintaining the manners in a proper way.
Cite this Essay
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below